April 24 - New Rules of Green Marketing
Conventional VS. Green Marketing
Some of the comparisons in this chart are surprising to me. I think it is interesting that the target audience is thought of as "consumers" for conventional marketing while green marketing considers them "people." I definitely find it true that conventional advertising is more global than green marketing but I don't think it is true that all conventional advertising is one-size and that all green advertising is regionally tailored. I have definitely found traditional campaigns that tailor to the individual and green strategies that are much more broad. I also think that although green marketing has a positive intention with strategy, I feel that it can be just as competitive, secretive, and profit-maximizing as conventional marketing. I find that this chart is overall correct but also stereotypes conventional marketing as only sneaky and manipulative and green marketing as only beneficial to the world and I don't think that those roles are always 100 percent true.
No comments:
Post a Comment